14A – Halfway Reflection


1)    Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
a.     I found that with owning a company, and going to school the most important skill is time management. I knew that the largest struggle for me was developing a schedule that allocated separate time to school and work and forcing those time to separate. I choose to focus on school and GMAT studying Mon-Wed, allowing management to run the business and they call me with questions. Thurs – Sat I work 12 hour days with the company to ensure continued performance and  quality and then Sun I work to ensure that everything is in place for the following week and that the proper people, assets and equipment are where they need to be.
2)    Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
a.     I am very committed to getting an A in this course so I had to struggle with the concept of missing an “just one” assignment. The 4 week I had to complete an assignment on Friday on the job because I couldn’t finish it the first 3 days of the week. I fought with myself internally about completing it as it would take some time away from work. I managed to complete it on the road back from work after letting another employee drive my car so I could finish it. I believe  this was the closest I came to not doing an assignment.  
3)    Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset'
a.     Set reminders. You will forget about an assignment or a declaration at some point in the class. Set reminders @ noon on Friday and @ 8am on Monday.
b.     Set clear time zones. Set times of your week to work on a specific class and keep to them. If you don’t finish something, set it to the end and move on.
c.     Set Clear Goals. If you don’t need an A, don’t worry about getting one. If you do, you already know what you need to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25A – What’s Next?

24A – Venture Concept No. 1

26A – Celebrating Failure