19A – Idea Napkin No. 2


1) I am Robert Rodriguez. I am a Senior at UF and I’ve been working in the pine straw industry for over 10 years.  In this time, I’ve created a portfolio of clients and labor that is my strongest asset. I enjoy communicating with suppliers and clients. I have an organized system of labor that numbers in the 100s. I am an aspiring entrepreneur that has a greater passion for real estate. I see my business idea of playing a steppingstone role to provide initial capital for real estate development.
2) We are offering consumers a quality product, at a quantity that is unattainable for most pine straw producers.  PS is sold at different prices based on the quantity sold. Individual bales are sold at $4.25 to $5.00 with whole prices being 2.00 to 2.50. Average quantities for an individual are a couple hundred with large scale installer buying PS in the Hundred thousands.
3) We are offering this product to consumers of PS that consumer product in the ten’s to hundreds of thousands.  These customers are sold to at a higher price because of the smaller scale of product they purchase. We are selling to an organization that is unable to find the appropriate amount of product elsewhere. These are larger companies that provide PS to large scale real estate development such as the villages or Royal park. These companies install PS in the 100’s of thousands and consumer a significant portion of the state's supply of PS.
4) Consumers will pay for the product from us because we can guarantee them the amounts that they need in order to run their business and provide operational effectiveness that other companies cant. The product is environmentally friendly and creates a pleasant appearance for 6-8 months.
5) Our core competencies are the connections we have in the planting, and distribution of PS. Our largest advantage is the large labor force that we organize to produce PS.
I believe that these business elements are in sync with each other and that they are not out of touch with each other. I find that we should focus more on the acquisition of the land contracts as that is the crux of the limitation, we have for the production of our product. These landowners are secondary customers for us because they are benefited from the business as well.
The first feedback I received is that I needed to be clearer as to who I was selling my product too. This I turned into expanding Section 3 and detailing certain real examples of developments we have serviced and explained the scale at which these companies operate.
The Second piece of feedback I received was to be clearer as to what was the product I was selling and at what prices and quantities. This I turned into expanding my section 2 which was lacking in-depth information about my product offering.

Comments

  1. Hey! Its evident that you have a lot of information and know-how when it somes to this topic. I feel like, just based on your previous experience and skills you could be extremely successful in this field. What do you think is the most important core-competency necessary to excel when it comes to the agriculture business marketplace? Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert! Beautiful job processing the feedback you received and using it to beef up a couple of your sections in this napkin. I think it might be useful to list a few examples of smaller scale properties that would benefit from your services, like golf courses, neighborhood entrances, or wherever it is you intend to offer your product. This will help us visualize your target market. Nice job on this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

25A – What’s Next?

24A – Venture Concept No. 1

26A – Celebrating Failure